What is a heat pump?
What is a heat pump and why should you care?
A heat pump dehumidifier is a device that transfers heat from one space to another rather than utilizing an energy source to heat or cool. At Cann, we believe it is a no-brainer to implement this cost-effective and energy efficient technology into commercial cannabis post-harvest operations to decrease input costs and profit-margins, all while maximizing overall product quality. In a commercial cannabis dry room, a heat pump can be used to maintain precision temperature and humidity levels. This is important for the proper curing of cannabis, as it helps preserve the quality of the product and speeds up the overall process.
Heat pumps have several advantages over standard dehumidifiers and HVAC units that are most commonly used in a typical cannabis operation’s dry room. First, heat pumps are more efficient, meaning they use 50%+ less energy on average to achieve the same results. This can dramatically reduce spending on energy costs as well as create opportunities for government rebates and tax incentives. Heat pumps can also be used to heat and cool, which gives growers more flexibility in terms of temperature control. The International Energy Agency writes, “Because the heat is transferred rather than generated, heat pumps are far more efficient than conventional climate control technologies and can be cheaper to run.”
That’s where Cann Drying Systems’ heat pumps come in. We have been manufacturing heat pumps right here in America, for over 45 years. Cann Drying Systems’ heat pumps precisely control the temperature and humidity in a cannabis dry room – eliminating the formation of microclimates which can lead to mold and other microbial development. Precision climate control ensures that the cannabis dries evenly and consistently, resulting in higher-quality product produce more efficiently.
Primary benefits of a heat pump:
In addition to precise temperature and humidity control, Cann Drying Systems’ heat pumps also offer a number of other benefits, including:
- Faster drying times: Cann Drying Systems heat pump dehumidifiers can dry cannabis up to 2-3 times faster than traditional methods. This saves time and money, and it also helps to reduce the risk of mold and mildew growth.
- Energy efficiency: Cann Drying Systems heat pumps are highly energy efficient, which can save your operation on energy bills.
- Reliability: Cann Drying Systems heat pumps are designed to be reliable and durable, even in harsh environments. We have clients all over the world, and our turnkey chambers function flawlessly in both dry and wet environments.
- Easy to use: Cann Drying Systems heat pumps are easy to use and require little maintenance. They come with a user-friendly interface and SOPs that makes it easy to set the desired temperature and humidity levels.
- Cann Drying Systems heat pumps offer a number of benefits for cannabis cultivators. They provide precise temperature and humidity control, faster drying times, energy efficiency, reliability, and ease of use. If you are looking for a high-quality drying system for your cannabis operation, Cann’s heat pump dehumidification drying systems are a great option.
Ready to get in touch?
If you are considering using a heat pump in your cannabis operation’s dry room, be sure to consult with our team today to prepare for future harvests.